- Number of Total Expansion Bays: 4
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network (RJ-45): Yes
- Processor Core: Quad-core (4 Core)
AS6204RS / AS6204RD
An Ideal Storage Solution for SMBs Featuring Elite Performance and Functionality
- Complete iSCSI/IP-SAN and NFS support. VMware, Citrix and Hyper-V ready
- Equipped with an Intel Celeron quad-core processor
- Windows + Mac + Linux cross-platform file sharing
- Windows ACL support combined with Windows AD infrastructure enhances management efficiency for business applications
- Military grade AES 256-bit encryption
- SMB 2/3 support increases Windows networking performance by 30%-50%
- Uninterruptible dual power supply(AS6204RD)
Equipped with an Intel Celeron quad-core processor
AS6204RS/6204RD is powered by Intel Celeron quad-core processor, equipped with 4GB of dual-channel memory, and feature read speeds of over 112.80 MB/s and write speeds of over 111.95 MB/s under RAID 5 configurations.
A Surge in Data Transfer Performance
ADM 2.6 supports SMB 2.0 which reduces the burden of network traffic on the NAS while simultaneously providing greater data transfer capacity.In the ASUSTOR testing environment, SMB 2.0 was found to increase Windows networking performance by 30%-50%*. SMB 2.0 also significantly increases the number of concurrent Windows client connections and simultaneously open files, making ADM 2.6 even more suitable for large-scale Microsoft network environments.
iSCSI and Virtualization
ASUSTOR recognizes that stable and efficient shared storage is a must for your virtual environment. The supported use of iSCSI and NFS allows you to seamlessly integrate with any existing IT environments. Additionally, all ASUSTOR NAS devices are verified as VMware, Citrix and Hyper-V ready, providing you with a flexible and cost-efficient virtual storage solution.
The iSCSI features supported by ASUSTOR NAS devices include:
- LUN Mapping
- LUN Masking
- ISO File Mounting
- MPIO Support - Persistent (SCSI-3) Reservations
Advanced File Permissions Management - Windows ACL
For IT professionals, file permissions configuration is a very important topic, especially in enterprise environments. Because the native Linux system file permission mechanisms are different than those in Windows, in the past, IT professionals had to create a separate set of permissions for files stored on NAS servers. This also limited the number of permission configuration options that were available to them.
In order to help IT professionals simply their work, ASUSTOR has comprehensively integrated Windows ACL into ADM. Windows ACL provides a set of 13 different permissions settings, allowing administrators to configure permissions for individual files and folders that can be applied to different groups and users. Windows ACL permissions can be configured from within ADM's File Explorer or Microsoft Windows Explorer allowing administrators to easily manage permissions using familiar methods.
The AS6204RD features comprehensive backup solutions. The built-in redundant power supply and 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports effectively increase reliability, data integrity and execution speeds. The Ethernet ports and power supply all feature failover capabilities (when one fails, the other can continue to operate) in order to ensure for continuous data availability.
- AS6204RS SAN/NAS Storage System
- 1 x Installation CD
- 1 x AC Power Cord
- 2 x RJ-45 LAN Cables(Cat 5e)
- 16 x Flat Head Screws (for 3.5" HDD)
- 16 x Flat Head Screws (for 2.5" HDD)