- Distribution Media/Method: DVD-ROM
- License Quantity: 1 Server | 5 CAL
- Platform Supported: PC
- Software Sub Type: Server
Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard is the most robust Windows Server operating system to date. With built-in, enhanced Web and virtualization capabilities, it is designed to increase the reliability and flexibility of your server infrastructure while helping save time and reduce costs. Powerful tools give you greater control over your servers, and streamline configuration and management tasks. Plus, enhanced security features work to harden the operating system to help protect your data and network and provide a solid, highly dependable foundation for your business.
- 1.4 GHz (x64 processor)
- 32 GB or greater
- 512 MB RAM
- 32 GB RAM (Maximum)
- Super VGA (800 × 600) or higher resolution monitor
- Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse (or compatible pointing device)
- Internet access
* Computers with more than 16 GB of RAM will require more disk space for paging, hibernation, and dump files
Note: Actual requirements will vary based on your system configuration, and the applications and features you choose to install. Processor performance is dependent upon not only the clock frequency of the processor, but the number of cores and the size of the processor cache. Disk space requirements for the system partition are approximate. Additional available hard disk space may be required if you are installing over a network.