- Single AMD EPYC™ 7000 series processor family
- 8-Channel RDIMM/LRDIMM DDR4, 16 x DIMMs
- 2 x SFP+ 10Gb/s LAN ports (Broadcom® BCM 57810S)
- 1 x dedicated management port
- 36 x 3.5 SATA/SAS hot-swap HDD/ SSD bays
- 2 x 2.5 SATA hot-swap HDD/SSD for booting device
- SAS expander with 12Gb/s transfer speed
- Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 interface
- Up to 4 x PCIe Gen3 x16 slots and 3 x PCIe Gen3 x8 slots
- Aspeed® AST2500 remote management controller
- Dual 1200W 80 PLUS Platinum redundant power supply
- Optimized performance with Mellanox Infiniband EDR and Ethernet 100G products
The New x86 Option
AMD's return to the CPU segment delivers a whole new value proposition to the x86 world. Built on GIGABYTE's extensive design expertise across a range of chipset platforms, this AMD EPYC™ platform is already receiving acclaim for its high specification:
- Network connectivity
This platform is intended as an alternative for builders in the x86 space and packs a real punch in flexibility and expansion options.
CPU Key Features
128 PCIe lanes
Regulated per core
Integrated Custom Security
- Memory Optimization
Memory speed of up to 2666MHz (at 1DPC)
Total memory capacity of 2TB supported
- PCIe Lanes
Up to 128 lanes in both 1P and 2P offerings providing the highest expandability options of any x86 platform
- Cores / Power
CPU power is managed at the core level, meaning that power is allocated only for specific workload needs
Proprietary AMD security on chip
Both single- and dual-socket CPUs come equipped with 128x PCIe lanes, providing extensive I/O options. This is a huge improvement in I/O vs. incumbent x86 offerings.
Increased I/O allows for flexibility in extending your storage, networking or compute to a level previously unattainable with standard server motherboards.
In addition, the integrated nature of the processor - designed as a system-on-chip (SoC) - means that there is no need for a separate PCH and less additional switches needed for expansion lanes.
Easy, Flexible & Powerful Storage Deployment
The S451-Z30 offers the following advantages to your storage deployment:
- x86 architecture means interoperability with a large range of software defined storage software & applications
- 36 x 3.5 SATA / SAS drive bays for large scale out capacity, up to 500TB per server
- Rear 2.5 SATA / SAS drive bays for OS disks allow the S451-Z30 to be used as a stand-alone storage server
GIGABYTE has also validated and created reference architectures for our products with various open source software defined storage systems to help make your deployment even faster and easier.
GIGABYTE offers 10Gb across dual ports on-board, ensuring that users can get the most out of their system and are well equipped for today's traffic demands. The server's network performance is boosted with full-line rate throughput and CPU overhead is reduced, leaving the EPYC to focus on the real compute tasks.