Bringing ARM into the Server World
Presenting a genuine alternative to x86 for your next server deployment. The ThunderX2® is the 64-bit ARMv8 SoC that offers an unprecedented level of integration and industry leading performance, with custom fully out-of-order cores, single and dual socket configurations, very high memory bandwidth, large memory capacity, integrated I/O, server class virtualization and RAS features, and extensive power management. The ThunderX2® further accelerates adoption of ARM servers for mainstream cloud and HPC applications by providing the next level of computing performance and ecosystem readiness.
- Fully out of order, 1 / 2 / 4 threads per core
- Up to 2.5 GHz in normal mode, up to 3 GHz in turbo mode
- 3X single thread performance compared to ThunderX®
- Memory speed up to 2666MHz
- Up to 16 DIMMS per socket, up to 4 TB of memory per system in dual socket configuration
Advanced Power Management
- On-chip management engine for dynamic voltage and frequency scaling across the chip
- Full turbo mode support
- Integrated 56 lanes of PCIe Gen3 interfaces, x1, x4, x8 and x16 support, 14 integrated PCIe controllers
- Integrated SATA v3, GPIOs, USB interfaces
Advanced Server Class RAS Features
- Covering memory, CPU, cache, CCPI2 and PCIe interfaces
A Real x86 Alternative
- Performance of ThunderX2 is on par with x86 for many general purpose data center applications, excellent price / performance ratio
- A wide ARM server ecosystem now exists including many of the most popular platforms for HPC, cloud & telecommunications applications.
- Allows for a seamless front end / back end connection using the same system architecture to millions of ARM handheld and IoT devices
Dense Add-On Slot Design
GIGABYTE brings you the most comprehensive add-on slot options available: Low Profile/ OCP/ Full Height Half Length/ Full Height Full Length
Carefully Selected Components
GIGABYTE SERVER passive components are meticulously selected to guarantee a super stable operating environment and allow the processors and the memory to deliver their maximum performance. With some of the longest service lifetimes in the industry, our server motherboards are built with ultra long lasting components to attain the highest reliability levels.
Design Features for Easy Maintenance
GIGABYTE platforms contain many tool less design features for easy installation, maintenance and removal - never worry about forgetting your toolbox or losing a screw again!
Tool-less Rail Kits
Rail kits attach to the side of the server chassis via clipping mechanism.
Tool-less 2.5 & 3.5 Drive Bays
Clipping mechanism secures the drive in place. Install or replace a new drive in seconds.
Efficient, Reliable Power Supply
GIGABYTE servers are designed to guarantee high conversion efficiency regardless of load. Redundant 80 Plus 'Titanium' PSUs, combined with GIGABYTE's precision engineering, translates to super efficient power usage which maximizes the system's power : performance ratio and reduces OPEX for the user.