GIGABYTE's servers are fully ready to support the second generation of Intel® Xeon® Scalable Family processors, codenamed Cascade Lake, which bring the following major enhancements:
- Overall Performance: Higher CPU frequencies, improved turbo profiles vs. prior-gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors
- Increased DDR4 Memory Speed & Capacity: Up to 2933MHz (1 DIMM per channel on some SKUs), 16Gb based DIMM supported
- Intel Deep Learning Boost: Significantly accelerates inference performance for deep learning workloads optimized to use VNNI (Vector Neural Network Instructions)
- Security: Hardware mitigations for Meltdown / Spectre security vulnerabilities
Intel® Xeon® Scalable Family Processors
GIGABYTE's Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processor family servers are available in dual socket configurations, and are compatible with the full family of different SKUs (Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum) that are workload optimized to support different applications, from enterprise IT database, cloud and storage to the most high-demand HPC workloads.
Advanced features built into the silicon include:
- Intel® QAT: Speed up data compression and cryptography with integrated Intel QuickAssist Technology (QAT).
- Intel® AVX-512: Intel Advanced Vector Extension 512 instruction set architecture enables workload-optimized performance and throughput increases for advanced analytics, high performance computing (HPC) applications, and data compression.
- Intel® VROC: Intel Xeon Scalable Processors come with built-in support for Intel VROC (Virtual RAID on CPU).
- Intel® Omni-Path: Selected GIGABYTE servers support CPU SKUs with integrated Intel Omni-Path Fabric connection
Dense Add-On Slot Design
GIGABYTE brings you the most comprehensive add-on slot options available: Low Profile/ OCP/ Full Height Half Length/ Full Height Full Length
Optimized for High TDP
GIGABYTE systems are thermally designed with the highest rated CPU SKUs in mind so that top performance is enabled which ever Xeon Scalable CPU you choose.
Carefully Selected Components
GIGABYTE's passive components are carefully selected to guarantee a stable operating environment and allow the processors and the memory to deliver their maximum performance. GIGABYTE's server motherboards are built with long lasting components for a high degree of reliability and durability.
Ease of Deployment and Management
GIGABYTE continues to be responsive to market needs and to create user-friendly solutions, including:
- Tool-less rail kit included as a default across all new server models
- Supplying multiple connector options and tools where appropriate