GIGABYTE H242-Z11 Barebone - 2U Rackmount - 1x AMD Socket SP3
- Supports 5G network infrastructure
- 2U - 4 nodes front access server system for Edge Computing
- Single AMD EPYC™ 7002 series processor family
- 4 x LGA 4094 sockets
- 8-Channel RDIMM/LRDIMM DDR4, 32 x DIMMs
- 8 x 1Gb/s LAN ports (Intel® I350-AM2)
- 4 x 2.5 NVMe hot-swappable SSD bays
- 8 x M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 interface
- 8 x Low profile PCIe x16 expansion slots
- 4 x OCP 2.0 Gen3 x16 mezzanine slots
- Aspeed® AST2500 remote management controller
- 1200W 80 PLUS Platinum redundant PSU
AMD EPYC™ 7002 Series Processor (Rome)
The next generation of AMD EPYC has arrived, providing incredible compute, IO and bandwidth capability - designed to meet the huge demand for more compute in big data analytics, HPC and cloud computing.
- Built on 7nm advanced process technology, allowing for denser compute capabilities with lower power consumption
- Up to 64 core per CPU, built using Zen 2 high performance cores and AMD's innovative chiplet architecture
- Supporting PCIe Gen 4.0 with a bandwidth of up to 64GB/s, twice of PCIe Gen 3.0
- Embedded security protection to help defend your CPU, applications, and data
PCIe Gen 4.0 Ready
AMD EPYC Rome is ready to support PCIe Gen 4.0 with a bandwidth of 64GB/s, twice that of PCIe Gen 3.0. This doubles the bandwidth available from the CPU to peripheral devices such as graphics cards, storage devices and high speed network cards. GIGABYTE's AMD EPYC 7002 Series server platforms are ready to be used with a new generation of PCIe Gen 4.0 devices such as AMD's Radeon MI50 GPGPU.
Higher Memory Speed
AMD EPYC's Rome 7002 Series processors feature faster 8 channel DDR4 memory lanes, supporting RDIMM or LRDIMM memory modules with a speed of up to 3200MHz (1 DIMM per channel)
More M.2 Storage
GIGABYTE's AMD EPYC 7002 Series server platforms feature more M.2 drive capacity for ultra-fast NVMe storage - both onboard M.2 slots and extra capacity via optional riser cards.
Max TDP Support
GIGABYTE's AMD EPYC server platforms come ready to support the full list of AMD EPYC Rome 7002 Series processors: up to 225W (standard TDP) / 240W (cTDP)
TPM 2.0 Module
GIGABYTE's AMD EPYC Server is designed to support Trusted Platform Modules (TPM - discrete cryptographic on-board processors).
Optional CMC / Ring Topology Module
GIGABYTE's H242-Series servers include support for an optional CMC / Ring Topology Module, featuring an Aspeed CMC (Central Management Controller), LAN hub and dual MLAN ports for multi-node management (including iKVM support) by connecting internally to Aspeed BMCs integrated on each node. This results only in one MLAN connection required to perform management of all four nodes, resulting in less ToR (Top of Rack) cabling and switch connections.
In addition, the LAN hub and dual MLAN ports support the ability to create a ring connection for management of all servers in the rack - only two ToR (Top of Rack) switch connections are needed to create the ring system, and the ring will not be broken even if one server in the chain is shut down, reducing cabling and switch port usage for greater cost savings and management efficiency.