The new SAPPHIRE R9 290X Tri-X 4GB OC features the latest GCN (graphics core next) architecture from AMD with 2816 stream processing units and an enhanced engine clock of up to 1020Mhz. It is equipped with 4GB of the latest high performance GDDR5 memory on a 512-bit interface and now clocked at 1350 MHz (5.4GHz effective) delivering higher bandwidth than earlier models.The new SAPPHIRE R9 290X Tri-X 4GB OC is built on a SAPPHIRE original pcb design with the power upgraded to a 6-phase VDDC power design. Two 8-pin power connectors ensure adequate system power is available (up to 375 Watts total including PCI-Express power).
Manufacturer Part Number
Manufacturer Website Address
TRI-X Radeon R9 290X (UEFI) Graphic Card
4096 x 2160
Number of Monitors Supported
Processor & Chipset
Number of Stream Processors
Number of DisplayPort Outputs
Number of HDMI Outputs
Total Number of DVI Outputs
Dual Link DVI Supported
Slot Space Required
- PCI Express based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
- Certified power supplies are recommended.
- 4096 MB Minimum of system memory.
- Installation software requires CD-ROM drive.
- DVD playback requires DVD drive.
- Blu-ray / HD DVD playback requires Blu-ray / HD DVD drive.
- 750 Watt Power Supply is required.
- 2X150 Watt 8-pin PCI Express power connector is required.
- 4X150 Watt 8-pin PCI Express power connector is required for CrossFireX system.
- To support 4 displays, one of the monitors has to support DisplayPort
- 64-bit operating system highly recommended
- A display with digital input (HDMI, DisplayPort or DVI) is required
- Operating System(s): Windows 8.1