Watch live TV on your PC or laptop
- High performance TV tuner for your PC or laptop. Watch, pause and record analog cable TV and HDTV channels, at up to 1080i resolution.
- Watch Analog TV by connecting to Cable TV.
- Watch Clear QAM digital cable TV, or ATSC over-the-air digital TV.
- View in full screen or in a window.
- Remote control and IR blaster included.
- Compatible with Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows Media Center
Record your favorite TV programs
- Record analog or digital TV shows to your computer's hard drive with one click.
- Digital TV programs are recorded in their original video quality. 1080i programs are recorded at 1080i, etc.
- The built-in hardware MPEG-2 encoder is used when recording analog video. Record analog cable TV or video from S-video or composite sources using MPEG-2.
- Use WinTV-Scheduler as a personal video recorder to record your TV shows daily, weekly, or only once.
Supports the following TV formats:
NTSC Analog TV, ATSC Digital TV and Clear QAM Digital Cable TV:
NTSC is the analog cable TV standard for North America.
ATSC is the over-the-air digital HDTV standard for North America and typically requires an antenna for reception.
Clear QAM digital cable allows users to watch unencrypted HDTV stations from their cable TV provider without a set-top box.
Analog TV recordings typically consume 1.5GB of disk space per hour. High Definition TV recordings typically consume 5GB of disk space per hour.
- WinTV-HVR-1955 TV Tuner
- USB Cable
- Hauppauge Remote Control Including Batteries
- IR Blaster Cable
- WinTV Installation and Utilities Software CD-ROM
- Quick Installation Guide
- Processor Requirements (minimum):
- 1.0 GHz Intel P4 or equivalent (for watching cable TV)
- 2.2 GHz Intel P4 or equivalent (for watching high definition ATSC or QAM digital TV)
- Windows 7 and Windows 8 (32 or 64 bit), Microsoft® Windows® XP, XP Pro or Windows XP Media Center Edition, with Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista (32 bit)
- WinTV-HVR-1955 is Windows Vista Premium certified and has passed Windows 7 and 8 WHQL testing
- Available USB 2.0 port
- Graphics with 64MB memory (or greater)
- Sound card for TV audio
- Optional DVD burner for creating DVDs from your recordings
- Note: High definition QAM and ATSC video is not compatible with DVD disks, and therefore cannot be recorded