In addition to an HDMI output, the switcher features a mirrored, Ethernet-enabled HDBaseT output. It transmits AV signals along with Ethernet, power, and control over a single cable to displays up to 328 feet (100 meters) from the switcher to PoE-powered HDBaseT receivers like the Atlona AT-UHD-EX-100CE-RX extender receiver, HDBaseT displays or even another switcher. Control options for the switcher include automatic input selection, front-panel buttons, and compatibility with IR, RS-232, or TCP/IP-based control systems.
Automatic Display Control
Offering first-of-its-kind display capabilities, the AT-UHD-SW-52ED allows display control using CEC, TCP/IP or RS-232 signals. This means that many more types of displays can be controlled, costs are reduced, and that wiring is simplified. In a commercial setting, when a switcher is integrated with a display, the AT-UHD-SW-52ED forces the display to power on automatically when a laptop is connected. At the end of the presentation, when the presenter disconnects the laptop, the AT-UHD-SW-52ED forces the display to power off. Ease of presenter interaction with the system and the savings incurred by auto-display shutdown provide a significant return on investment.
- CEC - The AT-UHD-SW-52ED features Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) providing simplified display control for a significant reduction in the cost of the display (compared to an RS-232 controlled display). CEC is a communication channel incorporated in the HDMI specification allowing connected devices to control each other.
- TCP/IP - The TCP/IP signal can be transmitted either through an independent LAN connection or through the HDBaseT connection when connected to an AT-UHD-EX-100CE-RX receiver which allows Ethernet over HDBaseT. The LAN port on the AT-UHD-SW-52ED not only connects to the AT-UHD-SW-52ED, it also extends out the HDBaseT connection through an internal hub. A connected router is required to manage IP addresses.
- RS-232 - Many displays including projectors, commercial flat panel displays, and some consumer displays can be controlled using the RS-232 signal directly from the switcher. The scaler is able to send commands using RS-232 for automatic display control to compatible displays.
- FLEXIBLE, POWER BUTTON - The power button on the front panel can be set to either turn the AT-UHD-SW-52ED on/off or it can be set to control the attached display. In addition to using the front panel power button, display on/off commands can be triggered automatically based on presence of video signals, or by a third-party control system using either TCP/IP, RS-232, or IR signals.
- SWITCHER OR DISPLAY VOLUME CONTROL - Volume control buttons on the front panel can control either the analog audio output of the AT-UHD-SW-52ED or they can be set to control the volume of any device that allows volume control using TCP/IP or RS-232, such as a flat panel display, DSP, or another switcher. This gives great flexibility to the system design.
- MULTIPLE POINTS OF CONTROL - Since all these commands can be sent using TCP/IP, it becomes simple to have multiple control points in a larger system. The AT-UHD-SW-52ED could be used as an input device for an AT-UHD-CLSO-824 and the buttons would then be able to manage a variety of functions such as "Show me" and volume.
- 4K/UHD HDMI Switcher with HDMI and HDBaseT Outs, and POE
- User Guide
- Desktop Power Supply
- Detachable Power Cable
- IR Hand Held Remote Control
- Rack Mount Bracket Kit